Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Why hello there Mr. Blog Man.   I hope you didn't miss me too terribly, did you think I had abandoned you?   That I had spent one night with you, had my fill, then never called back?

I would never do that Mr. Blog man.  In fact, I hope to see you in a weekly manner.

This week has been very eventful.  Did you know that I turned 23?   On Saturday the 8th of September I once again aged a year and increased my cemented status as an ADULT.   Except there's one problem, I don't really act or feel like much of a grown up.   It doesn't help that I moved back in with my parents right after college in hopes of finding a career that would help me gain my independence.   Are you aware of the state of the economy Mr. Blogman?  I would suppose so, since you're connected to the wide vast endlessness of the Internet.

QUICK! What's the capital of Idaho?  Boise?   Did you google that?

I'm slowly working my way up to adulthood.  So very very slowly...

Something else exciting happened this week, today in fact.  My big sister packed up her things and headed back toward that great ATL of GA for GOOD.  At least we hope.  Right now my poor parents have two 20something year olds living under their roof.  It's the first night so we're still under a grace period.  We still like each other.   Which will last...to an extant.  We are sisters after all, fighting is be expected I suppose.  (My mother counts her blessings since my sister and I do not have the same taste in clothes or shoes.)

Big brother is nearby too, the only one of us siblings to live independently now.   I think I'll hear about that when he comes over for football again next Saturday...

I think I'll bid you to farewell now Mr. Blogman.   I can hear my mother cutting me a piece of some leftover birthday cake...


Would you like a piece?  I'll just shove it through the screen...




No comments:

Post a Comment